Saturday 13 April 2013

Silence is Bliss



I stayed still, still I do
For Days, Months and Years, don’t find a clue.
I look at the deep blue sky,
Turn quite and Die.

The wait was worth it,
For I realize there is nothing to find.
I am a gift unto myself
And there is lot more around.

Like those old couples - bluebirds,
Sit quite next to each other and need no words.
Gloomy army paddle in my head,
Loosing the veins I fall on a rose bed.

I close my eyes and stretch free my body,
I float light and let loose my hands,
Its time to let go all the tight thoughts
Those shut in the closet of mind

Silence is the doorway to the ‘beyond’
And it lets me in to the ‘nothingness’
There I saw someone just as me
Who wrote all this before me.

Silence has a sound, louder than words,
So eloquent it penetrates deeper than swords,
When I snug my ‘self’ in the deepest of creativity,
Silence takes over, no more a cover.

For silence is peace, it is holy and faithful.
I am not weak, know I could be meek.
Silence looks kind, silent not forever
Make a sound check now and then
Yes, I am still, still I do.


- Sudha Mary Devaraj 

2 comments: